Becoming a Bar/Bat Mitzvah is an important rite of passage. It is a community celebration of growing up and a ritual to demonstrate one’s ongoing commitment to living a good and successful life according to Jewish values. At Temple Beth El our clergy and educators work with families to make sure that the process that leads to this ritual is full of joy and meaning, and that it is the start of a lifetime connection to the Jewish community.
Bar/Bat Mitzvah Process
At Temple Beth El we prepare students with the following:
- End of 3rd Grade– Assignment of the Date
- End of 4th Grade– B’nai Mitzvah Kick off lunch
- 5th Grade Year – B’nai Mitzvah Workshop: An additional hour of school per week for Hebrew literacy.
- End of 5th Grade– Mattan Torah: Presentation of Torah Portion and Family Program
- End of 6th Grade– Pointing the Way: Family Program
- 14 Months before the Ceremony – Prayer and Torah preparation with a B’nai Mitzvah Tutor/Study, preparation and rehearsals with clergy
Click here to download our B’nai Mitzvah handbook.