Deborah Morosohk, RJE
Director of Education
At Temple Beth El, our Adult Education offerings are numerous and diverse. We want to ensure that everyone who is interested in growing their Judaism has access to learning opportunities. There is something for everyone, whether you want to meet weekly, monthly, or just periodically. We have classes both in-person and online. Our offerings include:
- Weekly Torah Study – Every Saturday morning at 10:00 am on Zoom
- Book Club – Every other month our Book Club meets to discuss a book of Jewish interest with a member of our staff.
- Chai Mitzvah – Chai Mitzvah cohorts commit to 12 months of monthly sessions designed to enrich your Jewish knowledge and experience.
- Facebook Live Series –
- Hyped for Halachah features Rabbi Brudney sharing Rabbinic Texts that shine a light on how rabbinic law functions and how we can engage with Jewish law today.
- Out of the Box features our Director of Cultural Resources, Laura Gottlieb, sharing finds from the archives that give us fascinating glimpses into our history.
- Nosh and Knowledge – periodic Shabbat afternoon learning sessions sponsored by the Sisterhood
- Lectures – Annual offerings include our Jewish History Detective Series, The Glazer Interfaith Institute, and the Mary Einstein Shapero Memorial Lecture
Adult B’nai Mitzvah and/or Beginning Hebrew
Did you miss out on becoming a Bar/Bat Mitzvah when you were 13?
Would you like to learn more about Hebrew, prayer, and Torah?
Would you like to be part of a learning community working toward a meaningful ceremony?
Temple Beth El will be starting an Adult B’nai Mitzvah Class in January!
- January – May, 2022: Beginning Hebrew (may be taken apart from the b’nai mitzvah program)
- September – December, 2022: Understanding our Prayer Service
- January – May, 2023: Torah Study and Ceremony Preparation
- Spring, 2023: Adult B’nai Mitzvah Ceremony
Tuesday evenings beginning on January 11, 2022, 7:00 – 8:00 pm, $60.00 per semester
For more information contact Debbie Morosohk.